First and Foremost virtual terminal is a software web application for all merchants. It allows them accepting payment with a payment card. Especially, a credit card. It does not require physical presence of the card.
When customer wants to pay with a card over the phone. Virtual terminal allows the person accepting payment to enter the customer’s credit card details to take a payment. Apart from this, while accepting payment with a regular payment terminal. The presence of the payment card is not require. The payment data is then automatically sent to the processor to handle the payment.
In this case, while the physical presence of the card is not required to the merchant. The customer authorization still in process. Because, it requires a security code which customer must follow.
How Does It Work?
- First Of All, VT is an application service where merchant can check all the transactions and get inquiry.
- Secondly, It allows users to access information from another host processor for transaction processing. It serves as a backup facility.
- Furthermore, This allows merchants accepting payment with the payment card. In contrary, to physical payment where the credit card must be present at that time with customer.
- This process can be done through third party International payment gateway virtual terminal
- Whenever customers needs to pay with a card over the phone merchants will use virtual terminal web application.
- While, merchants accepting the payment through application. At this point, customer has to be still in possession of the card. But, it can be done in convenient way.
- To verify, virtual terminal will often require a security code which customer has to enter. This is mandatory.
- Identically, Customer can get payment far away from miles within a few seconds.
- Lastly, it does not need any electronic machine. This is hassle.
How Virtual Terminals Work
The details of using a virtual terminal occur in a few simple steps.
- Log into the IPG Gateway to access the Virtual Terminal when you’re ready to process your payment.
- Enter the details of the order and the credit, debit, or ACH/eCheck information.
- Click Process to complete the transaction.
Advantages Of Virtual Terminal
- Importantly, It is fast and easy setup.Virtual terminal has no monthly fees and no hardware costs involved.
- First of all merchant can accept payments anytime, anywhere. All that’s required is an internet connection
- Virtual terminals can accept a wide range of payment options. Almost businesses use this for payment cards or credit cards.
- Benefits of choosing third party as an merchant account is, there is no cancellation fees
- IPG charges are very low. We have 24/7 customer support. Our Human Resource team is always there to attend calls.
- We do settle process on daily, monthly, weekly. It depends on your business volume.
Finally, We would like to conclude that , IPG facilitates customers in not only virtual terminal. But also others like E-check , credit card processing, 2D and 3D payment gateway and many more.
You want to start business with full security and convenient way,Furthermore information contact us
Frequently Asked Questions
What is virtual terminal?
A Virtual Terminal is a mechanism for processing credit and debit card transactions, as provided to the merchant by the purchaser, via MOTO (Mail Order / Telephone Order). The merchant would enter card details and associated billing details into a secure online control panel for instant authorization via the clearing bank. Any mail order forms containing card data would need to be stored secured in line with PCI Compliance requirement.
Do high risk merchant merchants have a virtual terminal included?
Yes. Virtual terminals are included with high risk merchant accounts. A virtual terminal gives you secure access to your account from any internet browser, allowing you to process transactions manually. VTs are commonly used for phone and mail order transactions.
Do you have any fraud prevention services?
We offer Address Verification Services, Payment Brand Data Security and Card Security Verification. PCI DSS details security requirements for businesses that store, process or transmit cardholder data obtain by PSP's.